1. Start from the bottom: cover up the concrete floor.
- Many hardware stores sell interlocking deck tiles that you can then lay out to fit the square footage of your space.
2. Or if wood is not your style, treat a table cloth with a water-based polyurethane to make an outdoor rug.
- Maybe it’s not the most durable of all outdoor rugs, but it is certainly one of the least expensive.
3. Crochet an outdoor rope rug out of colorful polypropylene rope.
- There isn’t really a pattern for this, it’s just a super basic crochet stitch using a durable material
4. Turn crates into cheap, cozy seating.
- You can find inexpensive ones at hardware stores and craft stores. To make sure they’re rain-resistant, treat them with a weatherproof stain, and if they feel unstable, screw in a few corner braces.
5. You can also turn crates on their end for handy end tables.
6. Put together a super simple bench with cinder blocks and 4x4s.
7. Freshen up the furniture you already have by giving it a fresh coat of exterior paint.
- Yes, the cushions too
For the other clever ways to decorate your outdoor space visit: https://www.buzzfeed.com/nataliebrown/someday-my-porch-will-come?utm_term=.wb2DVv959#.uhWja5kOk