I am all about finding the best deals and making our home look pretty without spending thousands and thousands of dollars. Zack and I have been in our house for almost 3 years. Over those 3 years we have slowly but surely made our cute little home, cozy with a neutral color palette which is just how we like it. We have used all 5 of these budget friendly ways to remodel our home and we love the results.
- Paint the kitchen a neutral color
- Our kitchen was a pale yellow when we bought it, which was neutral compared to the rest of the bright orange house. But for us we wanted everything to be very neutral. Painting your kitchen a variation of beige or grey can make your kitchen feel bigger, cleaner, and more updated even if that’s the only thing you do.
- Paint the cabinets
- You can paint your cabinets yourself to give them a fresh updated look. I found an amazing step-by-step video that shows you how to do it yourself!
- Painting your cabinets is time consuming but it can save you a lot of money! But even if you hire someone to paint your cabinets, it is still cheaper than putting in brand new cabinets.
- You can paint laminate cabinets and wood cabinets. Just be careful because there are different steps to painting laminate cabinets than there are when painting wood cabinets.
- Add cabinet hardware
- Add backsplash
- If you are on a tight budget you can install sticker backsplash [yes, there is such a thing!]. Sticker backsplash allows you to skip the wet saw and grouting which can be difficult for some.
- If you have a handyman in your life, ask him or her if they can install it for you in exchange for dinner. [Warning, this may not work for everyone. But my daddy loves me 😉]
- Reface your laminate counters
- You can get your old laminate refaced for a few hundred dollars depending on the size of your kitchen.
- The new laminate that they have come out with looks very much like granite. They even have marble look alike laminate.
What are some ideas you’ve used to update your kitchen on a budget? Comment below, I love hearing from you!